Thursday, August 18, 2011

Moving on

Must be the season for loss.  The Bible says there is a time for everything so this must be the time for moving on.  Saturday morning a man I grew up with passed on.  This man was my dad's best friend. You hardly saw one without the other.  I remember I learned my dirty jokes at a very early age by quietly listening to them. Don was larger than life.  Treated me as if I were his own and I loved him as if he were my own too.  Luckily, he passed quickly and quietly with his wife there.  Moving on.
Monday, another passing.  Just heard the news today.  A woman I've known since I was 3 years old.  I grew up with her daughters.  Ran with them as a best friend.  Spent my childhood running through her house as if it were mine.  Talked with her, learned from her.  She was a brilliant artist, sculptor.  I remember her like it was yesterday. She was patient and kind and a wonderful mom.  Her daughter tells me she went well and not to be sad as she is no longer in pain or ill so I will not cry...but I will mourn as I have lost two people from my childhood who meant a lot to me.  Who had a hand in forming who I became as an adult, whether they know it or not.  I loved them both and will miss them and mourn them.  Moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment