Saturday, November 20, 2010

Best Friends and Chicken Mini's

This is an older blog Im re posting here at the request of a friend.   This was originally posted sometime in 2007/2008. Enjoy!

Odd title, I know, but it will make sense.  heh heh, At least to those that matter.
Kami is probably the bestest friend I’ve had in a long time..  We get in trouble together..laugh together, cry together (often lol), celebrate together, man-bash together, have lived together off and on 4 (?) times, wanted to kill each other, and came close to hating each other.  Very few understand us, and if they did?  Maybe we wouldn’t work!  LOL  I love her like a friend, daughter, and sister. And have treated her as all three on many occasions.  We shared loves (not like THAT you perverts), heartbreaks, divorces, births, and deaths together.  I love her and would do just about anything for her.  (yes, kam, there are one or two things I’d probably balk at)
We go out periodically when her ex has her daughter and my ex has my son.  We drink and get a little loud and little crazy and have a LOT of fun.  We’ve gone to a karaoke bar the last two weekends called Yupps (yes shameless plug).  I’ve sang..(eek) and not done too badly.  I usually end up staying the night in her spare bed...alone.  At first I thought, yay-if I pick someone up....But now, I’m glad I haven’t.  I like going out, having fun and just...having fun.  No pressure.  No one to impress (cause if I needed to impress her we probably wouldn’t be friends anymore) and no one to entertain.  I can be me.  I can flirt if I want, or not.  We go home, I pass out and all is good.  I’ve had a good time and no awkward morning moments.  LOL...  After we get up - its off to Chik-fil-A...
OK..The chik’n mini part of the story and I’m not gonna tell any secrets here.  They became a Saturday Hangover ritual with me and Kam.  A "To The Grave" happening one night and we needed sustenance fast.  Ran to the nearest Chick-fil-A...chikn mini’s and sweet tea.  That was about 2 years ago and we’ve been doing it ever since.  Its PERFECT for a hangover.  Nothing too greasy, the bread soaks up any sour tummy feeling...chicken for a bit of morning protein.  I’d learned years ago (in my own early 20’s) that sweet tea is great for a morning hangover...sugar boost, cold, caffeine and tea is really good for you.  So..there.  My recipe. 
So...Best Friends and Chick’n Mini’s     How would we live without them?

No comments:

Post a Comment